Krishnath College School, located in Berhampore, is one of the oldest school in Bengal as well as in India. In response to the increasing public demand and to pursue Government education policy, the Berhampore College was established in November 1853. The school was also established along with the college and they shared the same campus and building in their early days. It first started in the building which is now known as Manindra Hostel. Then it was moved to Mr. Verdon Monasagon's two-storeyed residence in 1855 a little after Santal Insurrection. After the demolition of the building during Sepoy Mutiny, the school was moved to Benjetia Garden House which was later known as Old Library of Murshidabad Institute of Technology. After that it was moved to Gorabazar Old Civil Court, lately known as Old Circuit House. From this building, the school was removed to two different buildings. One of which is now known as Police Constable Training School and the other at the residential quarters of Mr. S. W. Bradbury south east of Laldighi. From these two buildings, the school was moved to Civil Court compound. From this building, the school was moved to a thatched house built on the north of Hajut Tank, which is the present site of Police Club building. The school was then moved to Barrack, which is now known as Police Line and it remained there until 1869. The school was named after Raja Krishnath Roy of Cossimbazar Royal family by his nephew Maharaja Manindra Chandra Nandy in 1902. In 1908, it was felt that that the school should be separated from the college due to the increasing annual admission of students. So, until, the school got its new nuilding, the school was split into three parts and housed in different buildings in the town. The first four classes were housed in Hari Babu's Balakhana, others at Kuthibari opposite the house of Rai Bahadur Baikuntha Sen and a premise now occupied by The Deaf and Dumb School. The school premises is located in a four bigha land with the jail Compound in its northern and western side, Grand hall Road in southern side and Manindra Road in its eastern side. The school is a two-storied Gothic styled building with 30 rooms in it. There is a huge hall (measuring 115 feet 10 inches x 40 feet 5 inches x 25 feet 5 inches) on the first floor which can accommodate 800 people.